Here's how I hack a recipe:
- First, I find recipes that are close, since too many changes usually aren't successful.
- The main thing I do is swap out the unhealthy oils for healthy fats (scroll down for them) .
- I eliminate or replace all processed ingredients like Worcester Sauce and salad dressing (they're full of MSG, which causes brain damage), catsup, mustard, sausage, artificial sweetener, etc...(avoid hidden MSG)
- I replace all canned ingredients except for canned beans and jarred tomatoes.
- I replace black pepper (high in mold and very acidifying) with cayenne, and 'salt' with pink salt.
- I prefer not to eat soy, peanuts, corn, potatoes and garbanzos so I eliminate or replace them.
- I don't cook anything in the microwave.
- You don't need me to hack your recipes! Given these 'rules' you can do it, too. Example of hacked recipe shown below
Carrots with Thai Dipping Sauce