Here's something I made last weekend that was super easy and got rave reviews. It was dense enough to use as a dip, and I had the leftovers as a side salad the next day.
Original recipe: https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/french-grated-carrot-salad.html
Carrot Pulp Salad or Dip
- 2 cups carrot pulp from juicing peeled carrots (you can use grated carrots, but I prefer pulp!)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey, to taste
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T. finely minced red onion
- In a salad bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the carrots, fresh parsley and red onion and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Notes: Depending on the sweetness of the carrots, you may want to add more or less honey. Also, if you make this salad ahead of time, be sure to check the seasoning again before serving as the flavors tend to mellow.