Original recipe: Big Ray's White Bean, Kale and Kielbasa Soup
|Photo courtesy of: big-rays-white-bean-kale-and-kielbasa-soup|
- 2 T. ghee or tallow1 bunch kale, stems removed and discarded (I used 1 pint home-canned kale)
- 8 oz kielbasa sausage, sliced thin.
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 t. cayenne or to taste
Roll kale leaves into tight tubes and cut crosswise into 1/4" strips.
Heat ghee in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook kielbasa in hot ghee until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in green onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook until kale wilts, about 3 minutes.
Pour chicken broth over, add beans and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until kale is completely tender, about 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.